Fidelity Fitness Club - Membership Terms & Conditions
This Fidelity Fitness Club Membership Terms & Conditions sets out the guidelines of membership with Fidelity Fitness Club. Please read all the points below and ensure you clearly understand them:
1. Members of Fidelity Fitness Club must abide by all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations of Fidelity Fitness Club, which may be amended and updated at any time at Fidelity Fitness Club Management’s discretion.
2. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect, if the member’s conduct does not abide by all Rules and Regulations of the club, or that it results in the reasonable opinion of Fidelity Fitness Club Management to be of harm to another member, staff member or the club facilities. No refunds for such termination will be given.
3. Members and guests must always treat all members of staff and other members with respect; threatening, intimidating or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to terminate the membership due to any such behaviour. No refunds for such termination will be given.
4. Fidelity Fitness Club is an exclusive member’s only facility and access is restricted to member’s only or permitted non-members. For a non-member to access Fidelity Fitness Club they must use a Guest Pass / Complimentary Pass and an appointment must be made in advance with a Membership Consultant. A valid Original ID from the guest must be presented before entering the club and signing of the Guest Register. Any individual may only use one Guest Pass / Complimentary Pass in a 12-month period and is no longer allowed to avail a Guest Pass / Complimentary Pass in that period.
5. Members are required to use all equipment in the correct manner and take care not to damage any equipment or club facilities. In any case that the a member/s damages any equipment or club facilities through inappropriate use or behaviour then he/she will have to bear all the loss (financial) occurred due to the damage to property or individual, including replacing the item/s or to have it repaired back to its original condition.
6. Members and guests who exercise and use the club, do so entirely at their own risk and are voluntarily engaging in physical exercise, and are fit to undertake physical exercises, or have been cleared by a doctor.
7. Use of the facilities at Fidelity Fitness Club, including classes or training sessions with staff, naturally involves risk of injury to members, whether caused by someone else or the member themselves. As such the member understands and voluntarily accepts this risk and agrees that Fidelity Fitness Club will not be liable for any injury, without limitation, personal, physical or mental injury, loss or damage to the member, resulting from the negligence of the club, self or anyone else using the club facilities or during
classes or training sessions with staff. If there is any claim by anyone based on any injury loss or damage described here which involves the member, the member agrees to:
i) Defend the club again such a claim and pay the club for any expenses related to the claim;
ii) Indemnify the club for all the liabilities to anyone resulting from such claim.
8. All Fidelity Fitness Club prices are periodically reviewed, and Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to change prices at any time. Existing memberships at the time of change of membership packages prices will only be subject to the relevant change at the time of membership renewal.
9. All Fidelity Fitness Club membership packages paid upfront are non-refundable.
10. Membership will commence from the day of joining, unless a delay in the start date is agreed by Fidelity Fitness Club Management and is clearly mentioned on the Membership Application Form.
11. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to reject applications for membership without stating any reason(s).
12. The Monthly Deluxe membership package is a monthly recurring payment membership with a commitment of 12 months. The member is required to pay upfront for an initial month and a “last” month. The ‘last’ month payment may be utilized only on the 12th month of the membership and is non-refundable or transferrable towards any fees if the 12th month of membership is not completed under any circumstances. Fidelity Fitness Club will automatically continue collecting monthly recurring payments every month for the number of agreed payments from the card details provided by the member.
13. The Monthly Freedom membership package is a monthly recurring payment membership with a month to month only commitment. The membership will automatically be extended by one month for each payment and Fidelity Fitness Club will automatically continue collecting monthly recurring payments every month from the card details provided by the member until a request to cancel membership is made.
14. The 1st monthly recurring payment after initial payment, on joining with a monthly recurring payment membership, will be for the remaining days of the previous month from joining date at a pro-rated amount of recurring monthly amount, if not joining on the 1st of the month.
15. The member shall provide credit card details for any monthly recurring payment memberships. Auto-debit for the monthly recurring payment is every 1st of each month. If payment defaults on the 1st payment, Fidelity Fitness Club will make four (4) further attempts during the month to collect the payment (5th, 10th, 20th & 25th each month) until the payment is successful. A late payment fee of 75 AED inclusive of VAT will be charged for all payments received after the 10th of each month.
16. In the event the credit/debit card used for a monthly recurring payment membership becomes invalid or expired, the member must issue a new credit/debit card. A Card Amendment Form must be filled out at the Reception and signed by the member for authorization.
17. Members with monthly recurring payment membership with unsettled dues after the due date will no longer have access to Fidelity Fitness Club. Access will only be granted upon the settlement of all outstanding dues.
18. If any member fails to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third-party company for collection or take legal action for outstanding dues. The reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third-party company will be borne by the member including costs in tracing the member if contact details or address have been changed without informing Fidelity Fitness Club.
19. Any request to upgrade membership packages must be approved by Fidelity Fitness Club Management. Upgrades will only be considered when the request is within thirty (30) calendar days of initial purchase of membership with Fidelity Fitness Club.
20. In the event, as per applicable laws, value added tax or similar indirect tax (“VAT”) is applicable on the goods/ services provided under this agreement notwithstanding anything contrary contained herein, the consideration for supply of the goods/ services shall be increased by an amount equal to the amount of VAT, applicable at the prevailing rate at the time such supply is recipient of goods / services under this agreement shall pay applicable VAT in the manner and within the time stipulated in an invoice raised by Fidelity Fitness Club. As and when VAT is applicable under law, payment of VAT is a prerequisite under this agreement.
21. Freezing of membership is only available to upfront paid membership packages and the frozen period is for a minimum of one-month (1) and maximum of three (3) months for the whole membership duration. Frozen periods are applied as extension of your membership.
22. Once a membership is in membership freeze status the member will not have access to the Fidelity Fitness Club facilities until the freeze period has come to an end.
23. Any application to freeze membership will only be considered by presenting a completed Membership Freezing Form which can be collected from reception and must be made at least 7 days prior to the requested freezing start date. Phone calls and e-mails will not be accepted. No “back’ freezing option is available. All requests to freeze membership are subject to approval from Fidelity Fitness Club Management, who have the right to ask for supporting documentation.
24. The member shall pay per frozen period 27% freeze fee inclusive of VAT based on the computed monthly dues.
25. Any member who wishes to reactivate their membership from freeze membership status would still be charged the applicable freezing fee within the current inclusive month and pay for the pro-rated days of his/her usage.
26. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen for a minimum of 1 month and/or maximum of 3 months in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
27. Memberships are agreed on an individual basis and may be transferred to a non-members only upon approval of Fidelity Fitness Club Management. A corresponding transfer fee, of 1,000 AED, will be required for any transfer of membership inclusive of any complementary Personal Training sessions. (Terms & Conditions Apply)
28. Any application to transfer membership from a member to a non-member will only be considered by presenting a completed Request to Transfer Membership Form which can be collected from reception. Phone calls and e-mails will not be accepted, and both the member and non-member must be present while processing the transfer of membership.
29. Application for cancelation of a monthly recurring payment membership will only be considered by presenting a completed Request to Cancel Membership Form which can be collected from reception. Phone calls and e-mails will not be accepted. There is a cancelation fee of 25% of the monthly fee for each outstanding month in the Monthly Deluxe membership package. All requests to cancel membership are subject to approval from Fidelity Fitness Club Management.
30. Request to cancel any monthly recurring payment membership will only be accepted with a 30 day notice period. Any requested after this date will not be considered. The final payment after request to cancel has been made will be a pro-rated amount as required.
31. A member may cancel their membership whilst still within the contracted minimum number of months in the Monthly Deluxe membership with immediate effect and without occurring cancellation fee under the following circumstances and subject to providing satisfactory evidence:
i) Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled if in the event that the member’s new permanent address is 40km away from Fidelity Fitness Club. Any cancellation in respect to a members relocation is dependent on satisfactory receipt of proof of relocation and the new address (e.g. new tenancy agreement in your name).
ii) Long term (over 3 months) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided. The writing opinion must be dated within 30 days of the request to cancel.
iii) Pregnancy: This agreement may be cancelled if the member becomes pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given.
Please note – ANY Cancellation for the above reasons will not be considered until the appropriate proof is provided to Fidelity Fitness Club and you receive a written confirmation response from Fidelity Fitness Club. The ‘last’ month payment is non-refundable or transferrable towards under any circumstances.
32. Upon termination/cancellation of membership with Fidelity Fitness Club, the member shall forfeit all privileges attached to the membership with immediate effect without claiming any refund related to any membership fees or any applicable joining and/or administration fees. He / she must settle any outstanding dues.
33. The Member agrees to advise Fidelity Fitness Club immediately of any change to the Member’s Details provided.
34. The Member agrees to retain a copy of all transaction records and is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account.
35. All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
36. Fidelity Fitness Club will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
37. Complementary Personal Training sessions that may be included with membership packages (Smart Start sessions) are only valid for one (1) month from activation of the membership. Sessions must be completed on or before the one (1) month expiry date, any sessions not completed by the expiry date will automatically be forfeited.
38. Only Fidelity Fitness Club employed Personal Trainers and Instructors are permitted to conduct training sessions or exercise classes, paid or unpaid, of any kind within Fidelity Fitness Club. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member, without notice and with immediate effect, whom in the reasonable opinion of Fidelity Fitness Club Management, are or have conducted unauthorized training sessions within Fidelity Fitness Club.
39. All Members are required to register their finger prints to allow them to gain access to the facilities through the entry gates.
40. All Members and guests are required follow the dress code while using the Fidelity Fitness Club facilities. This includes always wearing respectful and appropriate attire and non-marking, rubber soled, closed-toe sports shoes/footwear, unless suggested by the instructor of a specific group exercise class, such as Yoga & Pilates. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to ask anyone to vacate the facilities or refuse entry to anyone to whom does not adhere to the dress code.
41. All Members and guests are required follow the dress code while using the Fidelity Fitness Club facilities. This includes always wearing respectful and appropriate attire and non-marking, rubber soled, closed-toe sports shoes/footwear, unless suggested by the instructor of a specific group exercise class, such as Yoga & Pilates. Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to ask anyone to vacate the facilities or refuse entry to anyone to whom does not adhere to the dress code.
42. The use of mobile phones with camera features and/or and other types of visual records in changing rooms are strictly prohibited, and members are requested to ensure that they do not offend any other person when utilizing such equipment within our facility.
43. Members and guests are not allowed to bring their own food on to the Fidelity Fitness Club gym floor or into the studios.
44. The normal hours of operation are as indicated from at the Fidelity Fitness Club entrance. The Fidelity Fitness Club management reserves the right to adjust the hours for the purpose of cleaning decorating, repairs and special private functions and holidays.
45. Fidelity Fitness Club management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs or video of members and or guests for press or promotional purposes (by Fidelity Fitness Club or our partners) in both online, TV and print sources.
46. Members and/or guests are not allowed to photograph or copy any of our facilities interior designs, promotional materials, tag lines, themes or concepts. We reserve the right to proceed with legal action against any member caught distributing, sharing or supplying such contents to any third party vendor or competitor.
47. Fidelity Fitness Club will provide temporary lockers within the facilities for members and guests to use whilst using Fidelity Fitness Club. These lockers must be emptied daily. All lockers will be opened by Fidelity Fitness Club staff daily, after the time of closing. Unclaimed property will be kept by the club, as lost and found, for a period of one (1) week only. After this period Fidelity Fitness Club reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it deems t without notice to the member. No claims shall be made
after this period. All items left in the lockers are at the member’s own risk, and Fidelity Fitness Club take no responsibility for anything lost, damaged or stolen.
48. Fidelity Fitness Club accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items belonging to the member or guests. Members and guests agree that no claims will be made against Fidelity Fitness Club, the Management or staff for any reason whatsoever.
49. Fidelity Fitness Club accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items belonging to the member or guests. Members and guests agree that no claims will be made against Fidelity Fitness Club, the Management or staff for any reason whatsoever.